Where is your homebase Heather?
What type of races do you enjoy?
Mountain Biking, Trail Running
What have been your 5 race highlights so far?
- 2010 Rock/Creek River Gorge 6.5 mile trail race – longest trail race
- 2013 Pick Your Poison XC – first bike race
- 2013 Raccoon Mountain XC – the most challenging race
- 2013 Black Bear Rampage 20 mile – longest race
- 2014 Pick Your Poison XC – shaved 10 minutes of last years race time, placed 4th
What is a cycling dream you have?
To podium. I’d also like to ride in some of the longer races like maybe Black Bear Rampage 40 Mile and the 5-Points 50.
What has been your best moment with the Velo Vixens so far?
Race day with the Velo Vixens. I love riding alongside my teammates and seeing so many of us standing on the podium. I also enjoy seeing friendly faces at SAG stops or sitting at the top of a big, nasty climb cheering you on.
What is your favorite piece of gear? And why?
Lynskey Ridgeline 29er. I love my bike.
What’s your advice for a future Velo Vixen?
If you enjoy being active there’s something for you here. Support, friendship, motivation, and fun! I’m so happy I joined.