Where is your home base, Brittany?
What type of races do you enjoy?
Triathlon, Road Running, Trail Running
What have been your 5 race highlights so far?
- Chattanooga Half Ironman 2015, it was my first 70.3 distance and I far exceeded my goal time. It was also just an overall good experience. Great community cheering me on, local course that I could practice on and amazing racers supporting each other through the race.
- Chicago Marathon 2014 was my first and only marathon so far. I ran this race with my sister and we pushed each other to train while being in two separate states!
- Sportsbarn Sprint Triathlon 2015, I got first in my age group! It’s always fun to podium every now and then 🙂
- Dirty South Trail Half Marathon 2015, my first trail half marathon. My friend Susanna ran it with me and we kept each other company.
- Chickamauga Battlefield 5k 2015, I got first in my age group and this is the fastest 5k I have recorded running!
What is a cycling dream of yours?
I really want to be able to hit jumps on my mountain bike one day 🙂 Also, to complete an Ironman.
What is your favorite place to be around Chattanooga?
I really like going to 5 points and visiting Cloudland Canyon. There are tons of really good mountain bike and trail running trails and the views just make it that much better.
What has been your best moment on the bike so far this year?
In the past year, I have really enjoyed starting to mountain bike. Every time I get out there, I feel like I learn something new and become more trusting of myself and my bike.
What is the first cycling memory you have?
I have a really bad memory, so I’ll explain a memory that’s my favorite. I didn’t really start cycling until I was in college and started doing triathlons. I remember buying a bright blue Cannondale road bike and sticking aero bars on the front for races. It was collegiate nationals in Lubbock, TX and I remember going down this massive hill and getting up to 45 mph and feeling this emotion of fear and excitement all at the same time. I feel this every time I come down a mountain now! It’s so exhilarating, but scary as crap!
Why do you like to ride & work-out with other women?
I love training with women because they’re badasses 🙂
What has been your best moment with the Velo Vixens so far?
Being able to contribute to the organization and the women by being a board member. I’m action oriented and I really want to help this club become a quality women’s multi-sport group!
What is your advice for a future Vixen?
Come hang out with a really great group of women, who will support and teach you so much about where to train, who to train with and how to increase your skills!